HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 14:13:58 -0400
Will this be on the CIPPS exam? And if so, will they ask about doing this,
or preventing someone else from doing this?

This whole scenario seems almost surreal. I don't think my local Radio Shack
carries half that stuff. I think that the "photosensitive circuit board" has
to be ordered from their catalog. While our friends who work with or for
government and quasi-government might need something remarkably secure, I'm
hard-pressed to imagine someone going to these lengths just so that they
could sign on to my workstation or read my email. Our other hosts are
protected by their own means of access. And I would hope that someone would
notice the stranger holding up the gelatin finger to the scanner, and ask
them who they are, and what they are doing.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com
there is nothing more useless than a voice print lock