HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Joe Silagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Silagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 11:32:14 -0500
Wirt is exactly right.  The WRQ protocol uses control sequences like  Ctrl-b
and Ctrl-c in the data stream.  If the modem is acting on these control
sequences it is going to cause unpredictable and unreliable behavior.

There are a couple of built-in troubleshooting configurations in the
Protocol tab of  the File Transfer Setup that might work:
*Troubleshooting to HP3000
*Troubleshooting to HP3000 over Modem

Both of these configurations set the transfer link to 7 bit and redefine
some of the other WRQ protocol settings.  If this works the transfer will be
quite a bit slower.

HTH,

Joe Silagi
WRQ, Inc.

"Wirt Atmar" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> Steve asks:
>
> > I'm connected to a HP through a modem with remote
> >  console enabled. I've been attempting to download
> >  files to the box , but this fails with a 'Unable to
> >  transfer file: Host does not Respond" message. Are
> >  there any settings that I need to adjust to make this
> >  work.
>
> Yes, don't do it. At least not the way that you're attempting to do it.
While
> it is possible to transfer files through the HP-supplied modem/remote
console
> port, you have to so jack the configuration settings around so much that
you
> don't want to do that either. The problem is that the port that you're
trying
> to transfer files over is an "active" port, that is, it's listening to the
> data that's flowing through the modem and occasionally acting upon it.
That's