HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 21:45:54 EDT
All of the larger 256x (2565/2566/2567) type printers use a common wide roll
type ribbon.  Unlike the typical dot matrix printer where-in specific ribbons
go with specific printers, these roll type ribbons are essentially a
commodity item that works on many different printers.  The problem that you
are probably encountering is that ribbon suppliers won't recognize the 2567
model #  or don't have it in their database, etc. so they cannot
crossreference it to the correct ribbon p/n.  I just checked the database for
our ribbon wholesaler and they do NOT show ribbons for these printers, yet we
have bought them from them in the past.  If anyone else is running into this
problem, please email me.  I will verify tomorrow that we can still order
these ribbons and have a current price available.

FYI: These ribbons are also easy to re-ink - a way to save a small amount of
$.

Wayne Boyer
Cal-Logic