HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 14:51:40 -0400
Sylvia asks:
>Does anybody know if I need to add more memory to support the new
processor?

No, nobody knows, despite any claims to the contrary.  The answer depends
entirely on your environment - how many jobs & sessions you typically run,
and what they are doing.  I would recommend an evaluation of your present
environment using Glance or the Lund tools or the services of a performance
consultant.  If you are experiencing any memory pressure now, it will get
worse with an additional processor.  If you are not seeing memory pressure,
then it is less certain that you will/will not need more memory.