HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 3

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 11:19:44 -0400
Bernie asks:
> <<I'd say they're getting more serious...>>
>

>       I think the real question is,  Are YOU serious?

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie,

My only point was that IBM was serious about courting the 3000 community.
Of course it's a mass mailing, of course he wants sales - I mean, he is a
salesman, right?  It doesn't matter who they work for, that's how they all
act.  Then again, I never did have an HP rep call or send me a personalized
mass e-mail and tell me s/he was my new rep, old rep, or whatever.  And
frankly, I don't like people just showing up at my door while I'm busy
taking care of my customers.

That aside, I am firmly in the Percox camp.  I will not recommend to any of
my clients an architecture that locks them into a single vendor or solution.
I want to minimize the risk of having another 11-14-01.  Full migrations are
expensive and don't add value to any business.  That goes for HP, Compaq,
Oracle as well as IBM.  In that I am very serious.

Kind regards,

Mark Wonsil