HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 2

From:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 11:01:47 -0500
Hi Don,

In the File Transfer dialog box, click on the Setup button, then on the WRQ
tab. On that tab will be a box for specifying the Host File Size -- there you
can tell it how long the file should be.  That may not work as you expect, if
your file contains variable length records, but it may help. If you click on
the 'Attributes' button on the WRQ tab, you'll be able to specify variable
length records, but I'm not sure how well that works, as I've never used it.

(If you want, you can also click on the 'General' tab in the setup dialog box,
and on that page should be a check-box for specifying that you want the host
record size box to appear on the main transfer menu. In the version I'm using,
it's labelled: 'Show record size on file transfer dialog box.)

HTH
jm

"Harrington, Don" wrote:

> Gang;
>
> How do I avoid having a txt (actually, csv) file come over to the HP as
> 80-character records (records get wrapped at column 80)?
>
> TIA,
> Don Harrington
> Sr. Systems Analyst
> Facilities Applications Support
> Shared Services Group
> The Boeing Company
> P.O. Box 3707 M/C 2R-32
> Seattle, WA  98124-2207
> (v) 206-544-5679  (f) 206-544-5788  (p) 206-797-6360
>
> The opinions expressed in this e-mail reflect those of the sender.  They do
> not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Boeing Company unless
> specifically stated otherwise.

  John MacLerran
  IT Systems Analyst                       email:   [log in to unmask]
  Idaho State University                             V(208) 282-2954
  http://www.isu.edu/~macljohn                       F(208) 282-3673