HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 2

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 21:08:38 -0700
Denys Beauchemin writes

No, it's an explosion.  There was no external pressure to make the
planet
cave in like and egg, rather, the planet exploded sending out debris all
over the universe and at a high enough velocity so that most fragments
could
escape the gravitational pull of the star the planet was orbiting and
actually achieve velocities far in excess of the speed of light so that
these fragments could actually reach Earth, a planet in a far away
galaxy
all within 20 years.  (We won't even talk about how fragments landed
softly
on Earth without burning up completely or simply wiping out the planet
itself, coming to a stop from velocities exceeding millions of miles per
second.)

It must have been a tremendous explosion.  I am surprised it did not
consume
the galaxy.  I am also thinking the planet must have been about the size
of
a galaxy if so many fragments could make it to Earth, which was at least
several tens of thousands of light years away. The sphere of debris
created
by the explosion must have been so gigantic that it would have destroyed
all
other planets, if any, around the primary and taken out the primary as
well.
It would also have taken out the neighboring planetary systems probably
up
to 127 light-years from the original blast.  The systems up to 1,003
light
years would have been severely disrupted with all their planets taken
out.
Beyond that range and for another 6,640 light-years, the orbit of all
planets and most starts would have been altered dramatically.

After all, bad guys kept finding Kryptonite on Earth.  And not just
little
bits of dust, but rather fist-sized chunks if not bigger.

Poor Superman, talk about your past haunting you.  :)
Denys may know lots about the 3000 and planetary explosions and the
consequences of such, but he doesn't know jack about Kal-El and his escape
from Krypton.  The reason that there is so much green kryptonite, not red,
gold, white or blue, on Earth is that Jor-El and Lara launched their child's
ship just before Krypton exploded.  As the ship cleared the atmosphere, the
ship started to go to hyper-light speed.  The planet exploded then and the
now radioactive chunks of the planet were pulled into the warp wormhole with
Kal-El's ship.  Since Kal-El was on a direct course for earth, the
kryptonite stayed with him and as has been shown Earth has more than its
share of kryptonite compared to other points in the universe. In fact it's
been shown that the area of space Krypton occupies is nothing but a
kryptonite asteroid field.

Proof of what I said can be found on the "Lois and Clark, the New Adventures
of Superman" show where almost all the kryptonite is found in Shuster's
field near Smallville, KS where Kal-El landed.  On the show "Smallville" we
have proof of Kal-El's ship coming down with the kryptonite meteors to
decimate Smallville, kill Lana Lang's parents, give Lex Luthor the sexy bald
look, change the town's motto from "the cream corn capital" to the "meteor
capital" and give us our villian of the week for Clark Kent to handle.

As far as kryptonite not burning up on reentry, the comic books, pre John
Byrne's reboot, stated that kryptonite is the only thing from Krypton not
invulnerable, but kryptonite is fireproof.

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.