HP3000-L Archives

May 2002, Week 2

From:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 07:45:21 -0700
A young man returning home from college had become very discouraged because
he was making very little progress towards one of his goals he had set for
himself, that of getting married.  He had trouble even getting dates, so he
finally went to see his minister.

After listening to his story, the minister said, "I'll be quite frank with
you.  The reason you can't get a date is because you're too fat.  You need
to jog, exercise, or do something to take care of your overweight problem."

"Yes, I know, you're right," he said, "but I just can't seem to motivate
myself to do anything about it."

He went from his interview feeling as discouraged as ever.  He had an
apartment near by and a few days later someone knocked at the front door
about 5:30 in the morning.  He stumbled out of bed, pulled on some trousers
and a shirt, slipped on his house shoes and finally made his way to the
front door.

When he opened the door, there stood a beautiful blond, all decked out in a
jogging outfit.

"I don't know what this means," she said, "but the minister told me that if
you can catch me, you can have me."

With that, she turned and started running down the street.  The young man
was right behind her ... for about two blocks, and then fell on the grass
and lay there panting for breath.

Each morning the girl would knock on the door and then turn and jog down the
street.  By the end of the first week this young man had jogging shoes,
shirt, shorts ... the works!  "Boy was he motivated!"

After about three weeks he was really excited.  He was in better shape than
ever and closing the gap.  In fact, this particular morning he was elated
because he knew that today he would catch up to her.  At 5:30am there was
the usual knock at the door and he was ready!  He anxiously flung open the
door.

There stood a very plain, overweight young lady.

"I don't know what this means," she said, "but the minister told me that if
I could catch you, I could have you."

BOY, WAS HE MOTIVATED!

Have a great weekend!