SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2002

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 09:43:21 -0400
On Wed, 1 May 2002 21:04:17 -0500, Chuck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>-----
>> upgraded to First Class (if space is availale, and they usually are, to
>> CZM), on any class of cheapie fare!  Alas, there aren{t many cheapie
>> fares on CO to CZM, but probably not much more than AA.
>>
>If there is only 1 it is an infinite percentage more than AA since AA flys
>none.

Chuck, "not much more" is not a ratio or percentage question.  There
are alternative ways to fly from any place to CZM other than via IAH.

Most people find cheaper fares to CANCUN, take a puddle hopper or cab
and ferry to get to Couzmel from Cancun.

The CO roundtrip from Dallas (DFW) on the same dates June 1-8 I picked
arbitrarily, is $626 on the CO webpage this morning.

The AA roundtrip from Dallas (DFW) on the same dates is $1402 on the
AA webpage this morning.

So, on THAT alternative route, AA is almost $800 higher than CO.  Let's
face it, both AA and CO like to screw Texans.  CO screw DFW flyers LESS
than AA does (and DFW is one of the AA hubs too).

NOW you can do your ratio and percentage on the Cancun route (between
DWF and CUN, on CO vs AA) to your heart's content.

Confucius say, "Man with one-track mind should take train, not fly."

-- Bob