HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 5

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:52:10 EDT
Ray writes:

> Jeff, thanks for the heads-up.  I think it's in hp's best interest (as well
>  ours) that the companies you are aligning with be reputable in their
>  representations of the future.  Take at look at this page (we got this from
>  a sales brochure):
>
>  hp-e3000.codewire.com
>
>  There is a direct quote from these folks (hp, peoplesoft and TSC) stating
>  that parts, hardware and memory will not be available in about 20 months.

While their Flash animation was very cute, the message is just more FUD.
Expect a lot more of this kind of thing in the future, especially as the
end-of-sales date approaches. Migration consultants have a long history of
trying to panic the herd. Indeed, they make their living from it. Be triply
aware of the possibility of nonsense in everything you listen to from now on.
The days of having a "trusted partner" are essentially over.

Wirt Atmar