HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 5

From:
Terry Warns <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Warns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:47:21 -0500
Thanks, but.....

One person confirmed that certain parts such as *NEW* network cards may not
be available after Oct 2003.

Here is the problem,  we do not know what parts HP may not have even though
we are on support.  So the suggestion is to stockpile parts, but we do not
know which ones to stockpile.  The indication from the writer about network
cards is that it is no big deal.

I contend that any missing or non available part is a big deal.  It
compromises the data center integrity.  I cannot get a network card from HP
for a few days, means my system is down for a few days.

If this is the policy of HP today, then I will send a clear and simple
message to my clients.  You must be off by Oct 2003 to guarantee a non
interrupted systems environment.  HP even though they have indicated
support, they are not guaranteeing you parts through 2006.  HP is only
guaranteeing parts through Oct 2003.

Terry Warns