HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 5

From:
Rick Overmaat <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Overmaat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:02:48 -0500
Hello Mary,

You need extra information from the client who has this HP3000:
- what operating system does it have? (Probably HP-UX, that is UNIX)
- how do you edit Cobol sources, create test files, compile and
  link/edit and perform testruns on that system? (If UNIX, they
  might use Microfocus, but you will have to ask.)

If it is UNIX, almost any UNIX tutorial will do, because as
a programmer you only need to know a limited amount of commands.
The same goes for the editor vi.
I don't know about Microfocus.

Good luck,
Rick