HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 5

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:34:34 -0400
Brian asks:
> Does anyone know of any intrinsic (or any other method) that
> will tell me if a spoolfile is a stdlist or not?

I think you can do this with MPEX (SPOOL.FILENAME file attribute I believe,
but not sure).

I'm not sure how to do it with an intrinsic without opening it, but once you
open it you can use FFILEINFO

http://docs.hp.com/mpeix/onlinedocs/32650-90875/32650-90875.html

See item number 104, it returns an I32:

File designator type This item returns the file designator type for this
file. It is identical to bit 10:3 of the foptions. The following values can
be returned by this item:
0   A normal file open
1   $STDLIST
2   $NEWPASS