HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 5

From:
Greg Cagle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Cagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:47:42 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
> What are the important / meaningful / useful Linux certifications?
>
> google gives me 62,000 hits for "Linux certification", so I thought I had
> better ask for some real world opinions. And I will spend some time looking
> at the ORA "LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell"
> www.oreilly.com/catalog/lpicertnut.
>
> And, yes, I know that this assumes that certification itself has some merit,
> and that Linux certification in particular has some merit, and...

I've done some research on this too - basically there are two major
certifications: Red Hat and LPI. Red Hat is RH only and is the more
arduous of the two, I am told. LPI covers all distributions and is
more general. I understand LPI is currently rewriting the Level 1
test and will have it ready in May or June.

We are currently planning on offering LPI testing at HP World/InterWorks
2002, btw.

--
Greg Cagle
gregc at gregcagle dot com