HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 5

From:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Courry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:14:24 -0400
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:32:22 -0500, Terry Warns wrote:

>Thanks Tracy,
>
>It is my point exactly about HP's comments about parts not being available
>on the HP3000.  This could be any organization with an HP3000 when a part is
>missing.  Even backups do not help then.
>
>Do you want to put your company in such a position?
>
>Terry Warns

Terry,

As a former District CE Manager for Abtech let me assure you we managed our parts inventory quite well. We stocked all the parts we
needed locally and if something weird broke we simply got it from the main warehouse via next flight out service from one of the major
airlines. As a $50 million dollar a year company let me assure you there were VERY few parts we did not have. If you look at the market for
HP1000 hardware maintenance you can see the future of the HP3000; a robust supply of parts and expertise to keep the machines running
for decades to come.

Paul