HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 5

From:
"Hoxsie, Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hoxsie, Howard
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:07:23 -0600
Mrs. Heyward, the city spokeswoman referred to in the articles (and wife of the City Administrator who was presumably responsible for the decision), was correct when she said that the jokes being publicly repeated about them weren't "funny."

I have long believed that business leaders almost always recognize the importance of of IT in their organizations, and likewise almost always fail to understand how to manage it. The Heywards would have been best served by admitting they made the mistake of "lack of understanding" and
enthusiastically taking the responsibility for finding an expert to fix it, ASAP.

It's like a hospital orderly continuing to insist that he can perform surgery long after the patient has bled to death.

The longer they maintain such childish pride the angrier the public is likely to become.