HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:09:05 -0400
Thus it was written in the epistle of Johnson, Tracy,
> Must be "nice" to have a "Operator" in this day and age,
> how do you afford them?

Guess it depends on priorities.  We have one (whom we very much appreciate)
here and our budget is not any overbig.  Operations does printouts, takes care
of backups on the 3000, makes student id cards, answers questions regarding
email accounts (including resetting forgotten passwords), takes in money for
debit cards and calling cards, acts as the front-desk for the mailroom and
likely does other things of which I am not aware (or at least not remembering).
Staff is one full-time and two students, generally.

When the 3000 gets retired, the printouts and 3000 backups will go away but
the rest will stay.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
Before beginning I should put in three years of intensive study, and I