HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:04:28 -0600
Ah, then why have the CONSOLE command at all?
(with the ability to switch the console to other ldevs)

For me, when I do remote administration, or when the console is located
upstairs, its a great tool.  I usually use it just to get the console
messages; but sometimes need to reply to tape requests.

The console switch command is protected by requiring OP or SM capability.

You would have a problem trying to make a udc to trap the console command
because you could type either "CONSOLE 31" or "CONSOLE31".  You would need
a udc "CONSOLE" and one for each ldev to trap the command.

A nice enhancement may have been to always output messages to ldev 20, even
when the logical console moves to another ldev.

I agree that it would be nice if the INPUT ;CONSOLE would follow logical ldev
as in other console requests like Mount tape, etc.

Keven Miller   mailto:[log in to unmask]   http://www.exegesys.com