HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Cathy Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathy Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:19:58 -0500
I'd say the focus on printers is very short-sighted.  We purchased three
8100 DN printers with the stackers (about $6200 each).  Recently, one of the
stackers quit working.  When the repair man came in, he could not find the
error code in his field manual.  He called HP.  They told him it was
"probably" the sensor. When he asked for the part number they told him there
was no replacement part for the sensor.  You just purchase a new stacker.
That way you know your problem with be fixed.  That will be $1575.00 please.
I guess they're disposable like toner cartridges.  They have to make their
money somewhere.  But not from me.