HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 00:17:16 -0500
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message news:<[log in to unmask]>...
> True,
>
> but what are the proven tools? Where are they?
> I wont my code to be in Cobol not Java, C or anything.
> the new-system should be open to hardware and OS.
> Don't want to depend on 1 manufacturer and his lies again.
> Therefore alot depends on the tools that are available.
> The project-plan will change considerably depending on the tools.

Hi, Michael

I just wrote a beta code generator ASP.NET base on MS Access(ole 4.0).
If you convert Image Data Set to MS Access table(schema and few data)
for prototyping The code generator reads Access Schema, then it will
generate a basic form for add, delete and update record for table.
The code is written to vb.net code, so for COBOL programmer, it is
very easy to pick up the code, I hope. From then you could upsize your
code to your business logic with more steady data base. Data base call
is standard SQL calls, so more easy to adapt to any SQL like database.
then set up business plan to migrate.

Beta Source code generator is available from www.exmlsoft.com