HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:11:33 -0500
At 11:26 AM 4/26/02 -0400, Michael Baier wrote:
>Are there any IT-Departments out there that already migrated?
>I do not mean buy a new software but migrate their existing package.
>Wonder how they did it, what tools and what time and money was involved.

Michael,

There will be a number of presentations in these areas, as well as other
migration topics during the MPE track in this year's HPWorld conference.
There will also be some talks offered by individuals sharing their
experiences when they recently migrated from the HP3000 to other platforms.

I realize that the Sept. conference may not meet your timing needs, but
for others, this may help in your planning.  The Conference Committee
only recently developed the program contents.  The Interex staff is
working to notify the people who submitted abstracts (500+ submissions!),
as well as preparing literature and web-based information.  More detailed
information on the conference offerings will be made available as quickly
as it becomes available.

Jerry Fochtman, Conference Cmte Chair &
MPE Track Management Coord.