HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:06:49 -0700
>Ms. Fiorina said that speaking of an "ongoing relationship"
>was a phrase she routinely used in speaking to investment
>bankers.
>
>When asked whether she intended to link the Deutsche Bank
>vote to conducting business with Hewlett-Packard in the
>future, Ms. Fiorina replied: "Absolutely not. And I don't
>think it was interpreted that way."

OK, 'it's very important to our ongoing relationship that you vote as I
direct' is not a veiled threat.  What DOES it mean then?  I sure hope the
friendly lawyer gets a chance to ask, as I've been wondering for quite a
while what many of Carly's 'routine phrases' mean; this one I understood,
but incorrectly?

While I'm at this, what's the point of
"the ceo of a publicly traded corporation" instead of "me"
in the meaningless observation "you're accusing !who of lying"?

Tracy Pierce

20821938&ei=1&en=12554077471691e3

Copyright 2002 The New York Times Company

Tom Brandt
Northtech Systems, Inc.
313 N. 1st Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103