HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Denis St-Amand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denis St-Amand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:02:28 -0500
As far as I remember, PCLLP.HPENV.SYS will print landscape mode, compressed
characters.  However, nothing forbids you to create your own setup file.
Escape sequence to ping landscapeis "[Esc]&l1O", that is Escape character
(ascii 27) followed by ampersand, followed by lowercase L, number one and
uppercase O.

Denis St-Amand (Remove "removeit." from email address)
"WhiteJul" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> How can I find the drivers to print in landscape, I could not find the
> LJ5CLND.HPENV.SYS file in my system.
> Thanks
> July
> "Clark, Rick" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> > From the HP3K FAQ
> >
> > 2.1.10. How to configure a networked printer
> >
> > RC
> >
> > 1) Run IOCONFIG.PUB.SYS
> > 2) ioconfig: ADEV ####;PATH=NONE;ID=HPTCPJD
> > 3) ioconfig: AC classname;LDEV=####            (optional)
> > 4) ioconfig: EXIT
> > 5) Add dev# and ip address in NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS
> >
> >     1000 (network_address = 128.128.50.1)   #IS dept NMIS02
> >     1001 (network_address = 128.128.50.2)   #Computer room NMIS01
> >
> > 6) STARTSPOOL #####
> >

> > TO DELETE PRINTER
> >
> > 1) STOPSPOOL ####
> > 2) Run IOCONFIG.PUB.SYS
> > 3) ioconfig: DDEV####
> > 4) ioconfig: EXIT
> >
> > The above is all it takes to add a network printer to the HP3000. The #
> > signs in the NPCONFIG
> > file are for comments.
> >
> > Notes:
> >
> > HP only supports "PCL" printers and JetDirect cards/boxes. The limiting
> > factor with cards/boxes
> > is that the MPE spooler uses SNMP status queries with the print card/box
> > get it's "status".
> > Since most other "compatible" network-printer solutions don't support
SNMP