HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 4

From:
Ronald R Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ronald R Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:44:23 -0500
I suspect this is what is happening.  During the ALTFILE command, the file
is FOPENed and then FCLOSEd with a disposition that releases the space after
EOF back to the system.  The File limit remains unchanged and you can append
to the file.

The same can be said for the SQUEEZE parm, with one exception.  The
disposition is such that the flimit is changed to match the EOF.

Ron Horner
HP3000 Systems Administrator
JCPenney Logistics
(414) 259-2274