HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 3

From:
David T Darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 17 Apr 2002 10:04:12 -0400367_iso-8859-1 > Recently there was a discussion on backuping up your laptop
^^^^^^^^^
Uh, the brain was backing up or I had a really bad backspace accident...
Sorry about that. I won't letting it happening again...

* etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *39_17Apr200210:04:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:48:34 -0600
I had a similar problem where I needed to both print a report and send it
via FTP. Normally, the application just wrote directly to the spooled
device.

I changed the file equate to send the output to a flat file, no
;ENV=parameter.  I then set up a second file equate for the printer, with
the ;ENV= parameter (not always required) and :PRINTed the file to the
printer. Then, the file was still available to FTP or whatever:

!PURGE AS322an1.DATA;ONERROR=CONTINUE
!FILE RCTOUT=AS322an1.DATA,NEW;DEV=DISC;SAVE;CCTL
!IF "!HPSYSNAME" = "KAI950E" THEN
! FILE AS322an1;DEV=L198LD,10,1;ENV=LP198.KPENV.SYS;REC=-198,,F,ASCII;CCTL
!ELSE
! FILE AS322an1;DEV=LP,1,1;ENV=LP198.KPENV.SYS;REC=-198,,F,ASCII;CCTL
!ENDIF

-dtd

Jay Willis <[log in to unmask]>@RAVEN.UTC.EDU> on 04/16/2002
08:12:16 AM

Please respond to Jay Willis <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:    HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>