HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 3

From:
Ken Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:55:44 -0600
Recently on the Ecometry list someone mentioned running a program called
SUPLICEN.PUB.SYS and that the user would need the password.  The user didn't
know the password so this was a dead end and it reminded me of the fact that
Rich Sevcik once stated publicly that there would NOT be diagnostic
passwords on the 3000.  Does anyone remember where and when this was said
and more importantly if it was then put on a transcript or published in some
Interex publication?

Ron Seybold, do you have any memory of this or any article or (better yet)
tape recording of this statement?

My memory is that it was at some event in the mid 1990s but in could have
been at an HP World/Interex in 1994/95 or 96 at the Management Roundtable.

I would really like to find out this information and also in light of
November 14, 2001, I would like to put pressure on HP to remove all of these
passwords from the 3000.

Anyone remember?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken Paul
Independent Consultant & Contract Programmer
(303) 525-9034