HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 2

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:47:04 -0500
In message <[log in to unmask]>, John R. Wolff
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>None of the logic in the aforementioned post will apply in this situation.
>HP, like all companies, is governed by a set of bylaws (rules) which can
>only be changed by a vote of all shareholders or possibly a court.
>
>In HP's case they have a bylaw which defines the ability to enter the name
>of a write-in candidate for the board.  It requires that write-in
>candidates be submitted to HP by November of the preceeding year to be
>eligible for election.

If they have a bylaw which says that, then doesn't natural justice
demand that the regularly nominated slate of candidates should be
settled earlier than the November cutoff date, and not be changeable
subsequently?

This "Hey Walter, we ain't agonna nominate you again, and it's too late
for you to be a write-in, heh-heh", at a major public company, really
ought to be prohibited in law.

--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris