HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 2

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:23:24 -0400
No sooner than I sent this:
> True, I believe that was the point he was trying to make.
> However, I do believe that there are whistle-blower
> protections that trump a concern of privacy if someone
> gathers/releases information about illegal activities.
> Dissent is probably the wrong word in this case, but I am
> sure the action was meant to create a chilling effect for the
> next whistle-blower.

I see this:

Lawyers in HP lawsuit agree to shield sources from management

By BRIAN SULLIVAN
(April 12, 2002)
Walter Hewlett's lawyers can keep Hewlett Packard Co.'s upper management
from learning the identities of a "widespread" number of HP and Compaq
Computer Corp. employees who have leaked information criticizing the
HP/Compaq merger, an agreement between both sides of the lawsuit said today.

But Hewlett's lawyers must divulge the identities to HP's in-house counsel,
the agreement said.

More at:
http://www.computerworld.com/storyba/0,4125,NAV47_STO70139,00.html