HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 2

From:
"Atwood, Tim (DVM)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Atwood, Tim (DVM)
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:16:03 -0700
Because, with the current economy, many of us are doing the work of three or
four people and are still under threat of losing the contract anyway.

That's the way it is. Companies "downsize". Half the people are unemployed.
The other half are too tired to think straight because they are doing the
work of two or more people.

And then we all puzzle over why there are so many angry people around...

Believe me, I would love to hire another person. Getting the approval for it
is about as likely Gordon Campbell becoming the saviour of our health care
system. (Sorry - for the non-British Columbians that last one will not make
much sense.)

Timothy Atwood
Holtenwood Computing
http://www.holtenwood.bc.ca/computing/
for Domtar Vancouver Mill
(Opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect Domtar)