HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 2

From:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:44:02 -0700
Alfredo wrote:
"I heard differently from HP at the Solutions Symposium.  Apparently,
85% (or more, "depending on how you define the percentages") of the
MPE-Image folks are happily migrating to HP-X.  Interex endorses
these numbers."

Alfredo - am I becoming too cynical - or does this sound like a
disinformation campaign? "happily migrating" - now I know HP or Interex is
pulling our collective leg ;-)

It is true in the big scheme of things that we (me & my tiny company) are
small potatoes. However in inquiring about some secondary work I called the
Calif Dept of Corrections - a large HP user - and the woman there knew of no
plans to migrate either.

I would suspect that the large users - like Longs Drugs - feel between a
rock and a hard spot. Spending millions to convert from something rock solid
and reliable to something ???????

Bill