HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 2

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:24:07 -0600
Kim Borgman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I got the same type call about 30 minutes ago........
>
>I gave her the 'snide' remark of resurecting the HP 3K when she asked if
>there was anything she could provide....

I heard differently from HP at the Solutions Symposium.  Apparently,
85% (or more, "depending on how you define the percentages") of the
MPE-Image folks are happily migrating to HP-X.  Interex endorses
these numbers.

I am as confused as Kim, Cynthia and Bill, because the many MPE-Image
users that I have visited all over the place (not to mention the many
with whom I have exchanged email messages and telephone conversations)
don't corroborate HP's (and Interex's) numbers.  I'll admit that my
sample may be terribly flawed, because I have only communicated with
Adager customers, who tend to be a conservative bunch with IMAGE datasets
with hundreds of millions of entries (rows) and thousands of concurrent
users.  But then, again, Bill Brandt is a "small" customer with a "small"
hp3000.

So, I give up trying to understand trends and such.  I'll leave these
sophisticated analyses (yes, plural: more than one analysis) to the
HP marketing experts.

Back to computer programming, which is a lot more rewarding -- from my
humble human perspective.

   _______________
  |            r  |  Alfredo                     [log in to unmask]
  |          e    |                           http://www.adager.com
  |        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego
  |      a        |  Manager, R & D Labs
  |    d          |  Adager Corporation
  |  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.