HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 1

From:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Fowler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:25:15 -0600
I got one of those calls, too. We don't know what we're going to do yet, but going with 3rd party support is high on the list.....and I told him that. It will cost us millions to migrate and considering we are going through huge budget cuts.....well, you get the picture.

Cynthia Bridges-Fowler
North American Salt Company
a division of Compass Minerals Group
http://www.compassminerals.com/

>>> "William L. Brandt" <[log in to unmask]> 04/03/02 12:17PM >>>
I just got a call from HP - now usually I get a laugh and this time was no
exception - it seems that the left hand never knows what the right hand is
doing...

But the caller asked me if we have any plans to migrate - I said no. I told
him that a lot of us HP 3000 fanatics feel that our computers will be around
after the company is gone - and he had to laugh. He said that he was
surprised at the loyalty he has encountered.

He said that in calling HP 3000 users he has been "getting a lot of that"
(nobody is planning on migrating). "Maybe they'll rethink their decision".

Bill