HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 1

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:01:05 +0100
Catherine, you asked :

> I am looking for a replacement of our HP 2566B series printer (we just can't
> seem to get rid of the pin fed mailers!).  Can any of you recommend a
> replacement that can be put on a maintenance contract.
[snip]

I haven't seen any answers to your question on the list although it's
possible you received private replies.

FWIW, we have successfully migrated over to the Seikosha BP-7800 II
from our 2932s and 2934s.
I'm not familiar with the 2566B printer but the Seikosha has the
following characteristics :

Barcode Types : Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5,
Codabar, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, EAN 8, EAN 13, UPC-A,
UPC-E, Postnet and free configuration Element bar code.

Paper Sizes : Single cut sheet : A3,A4,B4,B5,Letter, Legal (UK)
Fanfold Continuous : 3 - 16 inch wide and 2 - 17 inch long paper
Multi-part paper : original plus 8 copies
Labels : Label peel-proof capability

We have found this printer extremely configurable and durable.
It is not especially cheap over here but compares very favourably with
some other choices.

If you need any more information, I would be happy to supply it.

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]   "If at first you don't succeed...
Web : http://www.hp3000links.com   Don't take up sky-diving !"
"All your HP e3000 resources on the Net"
(Mirror: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~jdunlop/index1.htm)