HP3000-L Archives

April 2002, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:16:12 EST
John Wolfe writes:

> I see the day coming in the not too distant future when HP will only sell
>  commodity iron running Linux or Windows.  Proprietary and non-standardized
>  UNIX (HP-UX) will become too expensive to support (similar to MPE/iX).  All
>  vendors will sell the same Intel box (32 or 64 bit), so no distinction
>  there.
>
>  So hurry up and migrate to the HP9000 before it disappears as an option.
>  If you are lucky you can get your applications ported before HP-UX EOL is
>  announced and save embarassment. :-)

I generally take the things that HP is currently pushing the developers
towards as their currently chosen "waves of the future." I've attached here
the latest notice I've gotten from the DSPP. You can make of it what you will.

======================================

Join us for a free Web seminar: HP and Linux: The Development
Platform of Choice.

Linux is today a reliable and stable operating environment that is
rapidly growing. Its openness, low OS cost and platform support on
commodity Intel architecture make Linux the most attractive operating
environment for application development.  HP understands the value
and benefits of Linux and with HP's platform of choice strategy it
provides you with an efficient, cost-effective solution for your
business needs.

Invest an hour in your future and learn how easy it is develop on HP
platforms, the benefits, how the Linux market will grow in the next
couple of years, and why companies are switching to Linux.

Who Should Attend?
DSPP partners and technical product engineers with applications that
are currently running on Linux or are planning to transition to Linux.

When