UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Kimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:58:29 -0400
Come out and enjoy Springtime in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley!
SEQUATCHIE VALLEY INSTITUTE OPEN HOUSE
SUNDAY, May 5-TOURS AT 11:00, 1:00, AND 3:00 CDT.

Free and open to the public!  Wear your hiking shoes and bring a picnic
lunch.
Tour our hand-crafted passive solar buildings, learn about electricity from
solar, wind, and water, walk through our "edible landscapes" and organic
permaculture gardens, observe sustainble forestry techniques for dealing
with southern pine beetles, hike along miles of nature trails.

For more information and directions call 423-949-5922 or email
Carol.  SVI is a non-profit educational organization located midway
between Dunlap and Whitwell, just off Rte. 28 in the beautiful
Sequatchie Valley

Carol Kimmons, Director of Education
Sequatchie Valley Institute at Moonshadow
Rt. 1 Box 304
Whitwell, TN 37397
423 949 [log in to unmask] http://www.svionline.org

The Sequatchie Valley Institute is a non-profit organization whose mission
is to offer society an opportunity to experience and learn about living in
harmony with nature by providing:
*       a dynamic model residence and learning center
*       education, research, art, land conservation and restoration; and
*       a vision for attaining a sustainable future