UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Rodger Ling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rodger Ling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:54:46 -0400
If you are planning to purchase a new PC or printer for the University,
please consult the ITD website at
http://itd.utc.edu/hardware/fac_recindex.html for our latest
recommendations.  There is link that will take you directly to the UTC/Dell
Store, which combines the best discounts with configurations optimized for
our campus.  Please use this special UTC page, rather than the public Dell
site or even the higher education site, whenever you are configuring
computers for UTC.   The only exception would normally be those wishing to
configure a Mactinosh, which can still be done via the Apple Store for
Education at http://www.apple.com/education/store.  Once you have your
computer configured, the Purchasing website at http://www.utc.edu/~utcpurch
has some useful information about IRIS and the purchasing process.

We are currently putting together a large order with Dell and Apple for the
faculty computer refresh program which was funded through a Lupton grant, so
if you plan to purchase within the next week or so, feel free to check with
me to see if we might  combine your order with ours and perhaps save you
some money.  Please note I will be off campus until Tuesday the 30th, but
will be happy to respond at that time, or you may call the Help Desk at
424-4000 for immediate assistance.

Over the next year the Information Technology Division will be implementing
several new initiatives which should make using technology easier for
everyone, particularly for those using Windows.  It's going to be an
exciting year and we look forward to working with you.  Please call on us
whenever we can help.

  --Rodger

Rodger Ling
Director, Technology Support Services
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
(423) 425-4000 (voice)
(423) 425-2208 (FAX)
http://www.utc.edu/helpdesk
http://www.stationr.org