UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Carol Oglesby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Oglesby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:48:35 -0400
Hello to all,

Maclellan Gymnasium experiences a rather large volume of visitors from
outside the UTC community.  Although we encourage and support community
involvment, allowing persons not associated with UTC, to utilize this
facility, subjects the University to unnecessary risk and liability
problems.  Of course, special events, is the exception to this rule with
signed contracts, waivers, and appropriate liability policies put into
place.

For this reason, Maclellan Gym personnel will be enforcing the "No ID, No
Entry after 2:00 PM" policy, without exception, beginning May 8, 2002 .
Consequently, the gym staff is not familiar with all the faculty, staff,
alumni, or dependents using the facility.  Please do not be offended if you
are asked to show an ID.

In the past, our attempts to enforce this policy, have occasionally been
greeted with negative feedback.  Please understand this is standard
procedure on college campuses across the country and will be enforced in an
attempt to insure your safety and protect the facility against theft,
vandalism or abuse of equipment.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Carol Oglesby

Carol Oglesby
Operations Manager, #6606