UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2002

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Nick Honerkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Honerkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:44:30 -0400
That our basketball coach makes more than our Chancellor now means that UTC
is no different than the majority of campuses, at least in the South, and
probably thoughout the land. For the last decade, the two highest paid
state employees in Florida were the football coaches at the two largest
schools (UF and FSU). It's a sellers' market, and if UTC wants to
participate in it, there's a high cost involved. That's not debatable. The
cost versus the benefit of being in the market IS debatable, however.

Of course, a major difference in our case is that the state of Florida is
not ranked 49th (or is it 50th?) for per capita support of education...

Nick Honerkamp