SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2002

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:34:40 +1000
On  Wednesday, April 24, 2002 9:33 AM, John Nitrox wrote:

>       The bait Strike and Feeeesh are trolling is far to tempting for me
> resist.  Strike's recent Counterstrike Krabbmann article on field
> adaptations of high tech communications gear in <Asian Diver> as well as
> "Life's a Beach," are satisfying in themselves,

Truth to tell, I was a trifle embarrassed by that latter article about shore
diving techniques.  What I wrote and submitted and what appeared in print
were quite different!  :-)

In fact - and as a piece that might serve to stimulate some discussion about
techniques on the list - I might post it here once I can find it again!  :-)

>but Strike's Singapore post
> which mentioned Jarrod Jablonski's RB80, NEDs making Raffles run short on
> gin, being the recipient of an award chosen by Stan Waterman,

Most people would probably rather try and ignore the award that I was given,
but being the supreme egotist that I am - and of the firm belief that he who
dishes out practical jokes has to be prepared to occassionally cop it fair
and square on the chin - I've already described it in great and lurid detail
to Viv and shown it to Julian.  It really is, however, a visual *thing*!!!
:-)))

>and seeing
> the Fieno and Megaladon (which many people have thought were vaporware)
has
> made me hunger for "the rest of the story."  Add to that an oblique
> reference by Feeeesh to a $1000 dinner for two in Paris and..., well
> gentlemen the hook is set.  Haul me in, weigh me, gut me, and gill me; but
> please, tell me more.

Give me a day to clear my desk and I'll happily tell you more about the
Singapore trip!  :-)

Strike