HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
carol darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol darnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:16:31 -0500
All-out war and virtual silence are not the only options.  Going on record
as supporting members' interests and opinions is hardly contentious, and
may ultimately assure unobstructed lines of advocacy and communication.  In
this instance (and speaking as an outsider, since my membership and
participation in INTEREX ended a long time ago), the stance taken by
INTEREX certainly did not endear them to the 3K community.
Now... it would be interesting if they would survey the 3K community (not
limited to INTEREX members, if there were a channel to do that) to gain
some perspective on the $$$$$ and manpower cost to that community to re-
engineer/re-develop/re-invent the 3k world in some other environment.  That
might open some corporate eyes to how much feather-unruffling HP must do if
they want to re-establish credibility and loyalty among their otherwise
loyal client-base.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised, based upon some
numbers I've heard privately, if that translated into many, many hundreds
of millions if not billions of $$$.  A mere pittance, eh?