HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 06:32:30 -0600
"John Pollard" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> <snip>
> >>4 - The COPY... REPLACING construct is interesting but I have rarely
used
> it.
> > The isn't an equivalent $INCLUDE... REPLACING mechanism.
> <snip>
>
> Not so.  The Cobol REPLACE statement does the trick nicely.

Indeed, with REPLACE OFF to define the end of its scope....

BTW do we believe the REPLACE... REPLACING syntax of Example 2 for REPLACE,
which doesn't appear in the overall syntax specification for this command,
and doesn't seem to be explained at all clearly?

I don't see how you use it......

--
Roy Brown

Posting with the OEnemy