HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 4

From:
Jeff Mikolai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Mikolai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:11:34 -0800
We have been seeing impedes on our 989/650 that can't be tied to anything.
No database locks, no disc I/O problems, no memory issues. They slowly clear
themselves up, but it sometimes takes 5 to 10 minutes. A stack trace on an
impede processes show it is waiting on dispatch.

So we are escalated with HP now, and they responded that we should enable
DSEM and PREFETCH on our databases. I am sorry, I just don't buy this. Why
enable an option we never had on in the first place?

Well anyway, does anyone have these options enabled? I think it might be
something I want to look into. We are an extremely large MACS shop 1300+
users and very large databases.

Any feedback would be appreciated.