HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 3

Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:17:20 -0600
We have found that reconfigure ldev 6 to not be that dummy printer is not a
good idea.
Thats because it can come up with a system without LP when patching  and
updating OS.

So most customers add a new ldev (eg 19)  and also call that LP.

hf

"David Powell" <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> Trying to set up a Printronix PJ5000L as ldev 6 & LP on a brand-new A500.
(have previously set up the same printer & network lasers as other device
numbers & classes on soon-to-retire 937lx).

> The system came with ldev 6 & device class LP set up as some sort of
dummies; and I am afraid to mess with them without guidance.  Can I just
delete the existing dev 6 & class LP and then add them the way I would do
the same printer with any other device # & class??