HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:44:36 EST
Dave asks:

> My application folks want to bulk email in HTML format from our HPe3000.  We
>  are currently doing plain text bulk mail using the program from Telemon.
>  I've checked the archives but I can't seem to get the right combination of
>  search characters to find the information I need.

As it occurs, we're in the process now of finishing up a product called
CUSoon, which we developed for the credit-union industry. It is basically
ready now for immediate release. It will not only allow you to create HTML
email, but will also perform elaborate manipulations of the data you extract
from your host as well. The text and numeric equation processing engine from
QueryCalc has been put into CUSoon.

We have a technical datasheet up at:

    http://www.aics-research.com/cusoon/index.html
    http://www.aics-research.com/cusoon/page2.html

CUSoon doesn't however run on the HP3000 directly. Rather we designed it to
be host operating system/language independent. It only requires that your
host speak FTP, which the HP3000 does. You create the list of names and data
on your host, using any query language you wish, and when done, you write the
list into a watched directory on the host. All of this can be done in a job
on the HP3000. CUSoon queries the directory at a user-configured rate,
downloads the list into the PC, merges the data and then emails the results
out.

The price for CUSoon is $2495.00.

Wirt Atmar