HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:07:24 EST
Larry writes:

> Since the report is coming from CBS, I wouldn't give it much merit.  Dan
>  Rather has been known to insert his foot in his mouth many times for
jumping
>  the gun.
>
>  CBS is still trying to be the first and that usually means first with bad
>  info.

All the news agencies are reporting the same thing. They aren't making this
news up; rather they're merely quoting the principals and relating various
stories that they observed during this morning's meeting.

If there is someone not to be believed at this moment, it is Ms. Fiorina's
comments that I would not take too seriously. HP has been distorting and
selectively editing all of the survey data up to now and they may well be
doing the same now. She could well be right in that the merger was approved,
but no numbers (or even estimates) on how the vote has gone have been offered
yet, to the best of my knowledge.

Wirt Atmar