HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:33:43 -0500
The ftp servers I've worked with do a pretty good job of somehow
understanding what they expect to see from a foreign client, and how to
manage record termination / record length. And MPE is no exception.

If your file has records, it is not a bytestream file. I assume, since the
file is coming from NT, it does use Carriage Return / Line Feed pairs, not
just linefeeds, either of which MPE happily manages on the way in.
get somefile.txt;SOMEFILE.GROUP.ACCOUNT;REC=-160,,F,ASCII
should do quite nicely. The only other caveat is if the file is large, which
introduces some additional issues. See BLDSAMP.ARPA.SYS for some more
information on that point.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com