HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:03:27 EST
Stan writes:

> Re:
>  > 8 white cards and 5 green cards. I wish HP had spent this mailing and ad
>  > budget on the HPe3000 over the last 10-12 years!
>
>  Oh no, Paul...corporate only spends money on things they value!  :(

In a very direct way, the merger vote is coming down to a referendum on
Carly, and it's easy to see her enthusiasm for the vote. If the merger fails,
she's almost certainly out of a job and possibily at the end of her career.
If the merger suceeds, she gets 63 million dollars in additional compensation.

Given those two alternatives, it should not be difficult to divine where her
values lie.

Wirt Atmar