HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:35:10 -0800
Actually, if it is a sporadic error (every 3-6 months), then I doubt it is
an MPE security problem, but more likely an application security problem --
MPE security would prevent you from accessing the database ALL the time, not
once every few months.  For a second clue, "Data access error" sounds like
an application-generated error message, not an MPE error message.

Unfortunately, finding the answer to this involves finding someone who
helped develop [and hopefully document] your application -- was it written
"in house", or is it commercially available [i.e., like the
summit/amisys/etc. software that has been discussed the last few days]?  If
it is a commercial program, it would certainly help to let us know what
program it is, then perhaps someone else who has the same program can
provide assistance...

[...]