HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:06:21 -0600
At 11:43 AM 3/8/02 -0500, Douglas Becker wrote:
>If Hewlett-Packard [and particularly Winnie Prather] wants to redeem itself
>in the eyes of the HP3000 community, it can remove the mechanism to
>artificially inhibit the A-Class Processors and allow them to run at 400
>megahertz.

Unfortunately, this will not happen.  HP has made it clear that it is
related to their price/performance curve and has an impact on a variety of
other items and as such, will not be changed.  It was their business
decision to make, and I suspect they have more data that led them to
this conclusion than they can disclose.

Also, even tho we may disagree with this decision as well as the decision to
discontinue the HP3000, we are professionals and should continue to treat
each other as such even though there are disagreements.  Inappropriate
remarks and name-calling only serves to lower one's credibility, not to
help influence change.