HP3000-L Archives

March 2002, Week 2

From:
Vanessa Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vanessa Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:47:08 -0600
Leonard S. Berkowitz wrote:
> Goal: create a web application that can update data on the HP3000. The
> HP3000 application uses Quick. We want to use something that will interact
> with Quick using HP70092/hp70096 terminat emulator using the VT-MGR
> protocol.
>
> One solution we are considering is to use a product like Mitem(
> http://www.mitem.com/) to translate program messages into screen
> interaction with the application on the HP3000.
> .
> Issues/Questions:
>
> Has anyone done this before?
>
> What screen scraper vendor/product did you use?

<plug>
I have been working with Pixel's HostAccess Gateway application which
enables you to access & update data on your HP3000 from a website
application.

My experience with the product has been to access HP3000 VPlus applications
from ASP pages running on a IIS webserver, and VB applications. Being
Microsoft COM-based, it can be used in any application that can instantiate
MS COM objects.

You can find details of the product on Pixel's website:
http://www.pixel-group.com/Products/HAGateway/default.htm

I can put you in touch with someone at Pixel if you would like a
demonstration.

</plug>

> Major Issues?

I haven't tried it with Quick.